The Law of Karma and Wishing Harm on Others

When is it ok to wish ill on someone?

Well, the short answer is: never.

And the long answer is: never.

It’s never ok to wish harm on anyone else. If you do, you’re actually inviting that bad energy back into your life tenfold. Karma doesn’t discriminate in that regard – what you reap, you will (eventually) sow. Always.

I actually know of several “spiritual” teachers who have given clients invocations of harm toward another person. Every time I hear of it – I shudder. (Seriously, yikes!) Thankfully, my first brush with understanding this simple truth came from my Reiki grandfather who taught me a very simple lesson: You never impose your will on anyone else. Ever. To do so is to practice black magic, and it will always rebound onto you. Always.

I learned this within the first week of studying Reiki and beginning to uncover my own gifts, but millennia of history in other traditions teach the same message, most commonly:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

If you don’t want someone wishing harm on you, don’t wish it on others. It’s really that simple. We only choose to make it more complicated by employing the three most dysfunctional attributes of the mind: justification, generalization, and rationalization.

Perhaps, though, rather than getting mired in the teachings of the past, or the simple truths that echo through their wisdom, it might be more practical today to think of it this way:

You can’t cast a negative net and expect to catch anything positive.

Nothing good comes from sowing or spewing venom or toxicity in the world. Even though it might “feel” good in the moment, it will ultimately cause more problems in the long run. Of course, the long run could be your next lifetime, but that still doesn’t make it right.

In this age of instant gratification and guarded consequences, it’s increasingly more important for us to remember the simple truths and the wisdom of the ages. They’ve lasted as long as they have because they’re as pure as it gets. Time can’t tarnish them.

As for what to do when you feel wronged by someone? It’s 100% natural to vent, cry, get angry and experience all of the emotions running through your body… stopping just short of desiring harm on the other party. Not only will you be properly managing your karma, you’ll also actually feel better for not having created more toxicity in the situation. That’s a win-win if ever there was one.

Learn 3 ways to protect your energy with the angels.

Or, as another great teacher once taught: turn the other cheek. Which can either translate as 1) allow yourself to be hit again, or 2) (as I prefer) turn and walk away, removing yourself from the drama of the other person, and staying true to who you are.

There’s no shame in disengaging. The only real loss is when you choose to engage in something destructive and negative from a place of hurt or fear, because it perpetuates the cycle of harm – a cycle you’re standing squarely in the middle of. Yikes!

41 Comments

• Sarah
    September 1st, 2018 · Reply

LOVE that negative net example! Good for a little someone in my house.

• Cate
    November 21st, 2018 · Reply

This seems generally wise and helpful. However, “stopping just short of desiring harm” suggests we have some control over our feelings and thoughts. We don’t; they arise, and we choose how to work with them. This includes the wish that others suffer. It should not be avoided nor suppressed as karmically dangerous or unacceptable, but understood as an expression of anger, helplessness and hurt. This is not to indulge nor amplify, but to acknowledge and relate to with compassion and curiosity, no less than other feelings and thoughts.

• Martina
      November 21st, 2018 · Reply

Yes – that’s 100% true. Feelings and are feelings, they come and go, and we don’t control that. It’s what we choose to do with them that we have input on. As you said, “we choose how to work with them.” So, you and I are saying the same thing, essentially (yay!). Feel the feelings, but then choose how you want to work with them. I choose to not wish harm (which is an action), no matter how angry or upset I am… because I believe it’s wrong, for many reasons.

• PHILIP NIXON
    June 22nd, 2019 · Reply

what if someone is continually, damaging your property?.

• Martina
      June 23rd, 2019 · Reply

Hi Philip, Karma isn’t about blanket acceptance of others’ behavior. We shouldn’t let people hurt us, walk all over us, or damage our property and simply accept their behavior, because, “well.. it’s karma.” That’s a lack of boundaries. We have to maintain our own boundaries throughout our life. If someone crosses over them there are consequences for that. How you choose to respond affects your karma. How they choose to act affects their karma. If, for example, you choose to respond in retaliation, by destroying their property, then that’s on you and there are (should be) consequences for that. If, however, you use laws to protect your property (and reinforce your boundaries), and the consequences go to the one damaging it, then that’s their karma to deal with. As it should be. Hope that helps.

• Juanita
      July 9th, 2019 · Reply

Then avoidance might be a good thing. Let karma handle that.

• Becky Powell
      November 4th, 2020 · Reply

Hello Philip .. I get where you are coming from . We have had persistent damage to our property ( mainly our cars ) we have never done as to anyone on our lives .. have always worked for everything we own and don’t interfere with anyone’s lives.. yet we have had sheer vandalism committed against us time after time after time . Police never do anything. I have wished harm on these people: I know cars don’t have feelings but each time we have had to fix vandalism. It’s cost us financially. ( money we can’t afford to keep having to pay out ) so yes, I do wish harm on them and I’m not ashamed to admit it

• TC
    September 7th, 2019 · Reply

There are people who to deserve to be punished and many of them have wronged me. I’ll never forgive them for costing me my job when I’m a hard-working person who treats others with respect. That’s why I hate my enemies.

• Becky Powell
      November 4th, 2020 · Reply

I hate my enemies too and get where you are coming from ( hugs )

• Becky Powell
      November 4th, 2020 · Reply

Yes you have every right to wish harm on those people. The victims never receive justice for crimes committed against them. Victims have every right to wish harm and karma

November 13th, 2020 · Reply

Hi Becky, You are correct. You have every “right” to do what you want with your wishes. However, the article was pointing out that–based on the law of karma–that which you wish on others will return to you… often larger. So, while you can wish harm on others, it’s wiser not to. For your own sake.

That said, this is not the same as walking through life numb/neutral or without emotion, or letting people do you harm or walk all over you. You can feel all the feelings, (rant, yell, be angry or upset) and still keep strong healthy boundaries. This is the healthiest way to walk through life.

• Elizabeth Davie
    September 15th, 2019 · Reply

I try not to wish bad I just keep away from that sort of person.
    I was falsley told I had cancer and made to have a hysterectomy once.
    Bullied into the opp by my sister who was speaking to my surgeon. I had the opp and she never phoned me or offers to help me. She told me sharply it was just a precaution opp. Then she turned her head away from m She died of cancer a few years later.
    My boyfriend at the time was visiting his X wife telling her I was dying of Cancer. I was told by a man who came to see me in hospital what he was doing. When he came to see me in hospital I told him I had had the all clear. His face dropped at the good news. He died of cancer and refused treatment. I did not wish it so much time had gone I didn’t care I had broken contact with them.
    I know it was Karma they brought upon themselves. It doesn’t give me pleasure but it does give me a sense of justice. Elizabeth D.

Ii

• Martina
      September 25th, 2019 · Reply

I’m so sorry you went through that. And yes, sometimes just “keep(ing) away from that sort of person” is the best policy.

• Gabby
    December 30th, 2019 · Reply

What about wishing misfortune on the man that repeatedly molested my daughter and received NO punishment by means of the law or church? He’s remained untouched while my daughter suffers deeply every day. I hate him. I am very angry at this injustice!

• Martina
      January 11th, 2020 · Reply

I am so so sorry. That is wrong on every level. My heart goes out to you both, because this should never have happened. Your anger is completely understandable, and I would never suggest that you should not be angry at this injustice. What happened was wrong. Both what happened to your daughter and the lack of accountability. I hear you, and I send you both love and virtual hugs for what you’ve been through. My hope is that with time, you both find healing, and that the injustice is remedied somehow.

• Trish S
    March 18th, 2020 · Reply

Martina, the people living above me make a lot of noise. Whenever I complain to the building manager, they make even more noise, banging their feet on the floor late at night in retaliation. They are a young couple, and I am alone and older. I have found another place and I’m moving, though it has been hard on me physically and financially. So what is wrong with hoping they have the same experience someday, and find out what it feels like. I want to say to them before I go, I wish you karma. Is there anything wrong with saying that?

March 19th, 2020 · Reply

Hi Trish – firstly, I’m sorry you’re having to move and that you experienced that. I have too – and it’s infuriating at times. I definitely have called my fair share of building managers in the past, so I’m glad you did. Unfortunately, instead of realizing they were being inconsiderate, they chose to ignore their role in all of it. That means, for them, their “lesson” will be bigger and more severe. Will it happen in this lifetime? The next one? We don’t know. What matters now for you is that you leave free and clear. Carrying resentment in your heart will only hurt you – not them (as they’ve shown they are incapable of empathy). So… I ask you: what good does it do for you to wish them ill? Could you instead say: “May karma take effect… and may I be released from all anger.” Karma will always take effect, we just don’t get to say when. What matters is that we keep our side of the street clean, practice good boundaries and empathy, and release the things that keep us stuck. Is this easy? Certainly not. Sometimes it’s easier than others. So, my wish for you is that your new home brings you much joy and peace, and you find neighbors who are kind and thoughtful.

• Tia C.
      June 12th, 2020 · Reply

I am going through something similar with neighbors. They do not see their inconsiderate ways. The situation seems to be going way left. A lot of lies being told about someone I know. They said about us “God don’t like ugly”. Thats funny because I was thinking the same. It must have been meant to be to bump into this statement and reply. I am going to use the “karma/release” mantra. The the OP of the comment,
      I know how you feel and glad you are moving. I do not have long to go. Anyone reading this, please send some positive vibes my way to help. Thank you.

June 13th, 2020 · Reply

Tia, I Hope the karma/release mantra helps. And on the next full moon, you can use a “release” invocation that I wrote some years ago – it’s most recently on my instagram on March 20, 2019. Or, if you prefer, there’s a newer one from May 7th of this year. (IG: @martinaefaulkner) Sending you many positive vibes! -Martina

• 🦋
    March 19th, 2020 · Reply

Hey I’ve wished horrible things on people before In the past, when I was younger I didn’t understand karma or the power of the tongue I was about 18 or 19 and even younger then that, now that I’m older I’m 25 and I take words very seriously bcuz I know the power of manifestation. I’ve ask god and the universe for forgiveness and asked that god protect them, (the people I wished harm) bcuz I’m truly sorry but also afraid of my own karma, I know now that my karma can skip me and go on to my future children, or other loved ones. which I do not wish to happen. Sometimes, I find myself getting so angry and worked up that I would start putting these scenarios together or I will find my emotions building up and I’ll would think the bad things I want to say, (BUT I DON’T SPEAK THEM) but I do know thoughts become things, but then moments later I ask god and the universe for forgiveness and to please forgive my emotions, I don’t know why I have such a mean streak and I don’t know why I keep allowing myself to get so angry when I know that it’s the wrong way to go. Especially straight to wishes harm on somebody even if split seconds later I’m asking god to forgive these emotions. I know god and the universe are forgiving, but sometimes I feel as though I’m not being heard or forgiven because of my anger, I’m not the type of person to act on my anger but I’m someone who would wish things, with full knowledge of the tongue being as powerful as it is. Most of all, I feel a uncontrollable amount of anxiety and guilt, especially guilt, especially if I receive what I manifested. The anxiety is always the worse because I know my karma is coming . But i don’t know when. When I comes to my karma involving my actions, it always happens right away. I remember I stole something once, I came home and my mom needed me to help her cut onions, and I sliced my finger with the knife, I noticed it was the hand I stole with. When even I do something I know is wrong And I still do it, I admittedly receive my karma. But when it involves my words or bad thoughts I dnt know when it’s coming i dnt know if it’s bcuz I’ll ask for forgiveness and then I’ll “take back” what I said. I feel like it’s a recurring thing and that the universe and god has to be tired of it. Even though I know that’s not true. But my mind makes me feel that way. I always ask god to forgive me and I’ll take back those horrible wishes, but the guilt of me saying it, is the worse because I know it’s wrong, also because I don’t want no one to feel pain of losing a loved one. The guilt set in especially when I ask for something and receive it and then I”ll allow myself to get so angry, I wish harm on people. I feel so undeserving of god and blessings, no matter how much I ask for to forgive my words even if it’s seconds later. Sometimes I feel like this guilt I have with me is apart of my karma.

March 22nd, 2020 · Reply

If I had only one thing to say to you it’s that it was very brave of you to share that. And if I could say two things (which I can), I’d say: take that bravery you have and use it to work on forgiving yourself, so that you can live more freely. xo

• Gordon
    March 22nd, 2020 · Reply

“…perpetuating the cycle of harm”, love that. Don’t let other people infect you with their pain and pettiness. Rise above and don’t look back. Your life is too short to let someone else ruin it.

• Michael
    July 13th, 2020 · Reply

So, are you saying it’s okay for my ex in-home landlord to throw me out knowing I had (have) no where to go? Me, my sister, her boyfriend, & our friend we’re living there, but he decided to act like I was lying about asking to move in, about having my cat there,
    (she is potty trained.), & lying about buying food for that house which in fact I know I spent money in that house when I didn’t even have to because I wasn’t even living there at the time. He crossed WAY too many lines when he called me a liar, because in fact, I know I NEVER lied to this man. I know what he’s trying to do, & I promise he will not like the outcome of any of this. I’m trying to “turn the other cheek.” But when he’s throwing all of us out one by one because he wants to be with my 17 year old sister isn’t going to cut it. I have a question for you. If you were in this situation, what would you do? If you were in my shoes, how would you handle this? I’m going to wait for your response before I go in attack mode.

July 13th, 2020 · Reply

Hi Michael, There’s a lot to unpack in all you shared. Firstly, though, I’m really sorry you’re going through this – I can hear how stressful it is. Secondly, there’s a difference between pursuing justice and not wishing harm on someone. There are laws about eviction in every state, so I would look those up first and foremost. Then see if there is a free legal service for renters’ rights. Most states have them. “Not wishing harm on someone” is something I teach and share, because it actually does no good. It rarely (if ever) results in harm happening to the person it’s wished upon; however, it does actually cause harm to the person wishing for it. How? Because it keeps you stuck in emotions that are harmful to you (anger, etc.) and keeps you attached to that person, because you’ve now invested energy in them. Which is the equivalent of tying your boat to theirs. Not good. So, since you asked how I would handle this: I’d look up the laws, and stick with pursuing justice for anything wrongful. That would be the approach I would take. And again, I’m sorry you’re all going through this. Take care.

• Mia
    July 21st, 2020 · Reply

I ussually don’t hate anyone,if someone do something wrong I easily forgave and just avoid,but the worst thing happened,my aunt whom I thought like a second mother,did the terrible thing to us.My mom was the one helping her since they were young and even took care of her kids,my mom bought land property when she was still single it supposed to be her’s but she shared it equally with her sister,now that my mom wanted to sell her part for some emergency reason,we get to know that they build a house in my mom’s place,and where is thier area she also don’t want to sign since it’s in her name even I told them that I will pay all the expenses in transferring my mom’s land into her name just she sign to give authority to my mom as it’s my mom’s property anyway ,that way they don’t have to demolish there house,we have all the rights legally,but we chose to don’t sue them as I was worried about my mom’s health I can’t put her in so much stress,We realized that they wanted to have everything,so without thier help I paid the legal exchange of 2 titles,that cost too much money.they did not help in anything,but still they were angry and said bad things to my mom knowing that my mom have a heart problem,My mom is the kindest person I know she couldn’t believe that she have evil sister.my mom died of heart attack and I cannot forgive them.I feel that life is so unfair for good people..sometimes I’m thinking that I just leave it to God that if karma is real they will have what they deserve,but deep inside my heart I wanted to kill them with my own hands.that I wanted to do everything possible to ruin thier lives,I imagine to see them in hell.

July 31st, 2020 · Reply

Mia, Firstly, I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved family member is one of the hardest things we will all have to go through at some point in our lives. So, I send you my condolences and hope that time will help your pain heal, and that the happy memories of your mom will mend your broken heart. Secondly, you are right that some people do things that hurt others. You are also right that God will eventually sort it out. As I said to Karen, the timing is out of your control and probably out of your sight. What matters now is that you honor your mother’s kind soul, and allow your heart to heal. Karma does not mean that we rollover and let people take advantage of us. It means that we do our best in our own life, which includes having strong boundaries around people who aren’t kind or good. So, for you, allow your heart to heal. Don’t focus on forgiveness, yet. Someday you will want to – because forgiveness is for you. It frees you from the other person. Without forgiveness, they will always be taking up space in your heart and mind (rent-free!). When you forgive, you essentially evict them from your heart and mind. Again, I send you my deepest condolences.

• Karen weston
    July 26th, 2020 · Reply

Can I ask why poeple who do .. do bad onto others cheat lie steal and never get caught or pulled on their actions they go off knowing they got away with it n be happy when the lives of family they wronged is still shattered n broken u say bad actions catch bad karma so how and why do wrong poeple get the gift of luck n love when they have trampled on innocent poeple who only ever had good intentions n done no harm to them where does karma lie then please

July 31st, 2020 · Reply

Hi Karen, It’s a good question, and the answer requires a bit of mind-flexibility. Karma doesn’t recognize time. So, someone may not receive their karma for “bad” actions in a timeframe that you will see. Sometimes they will, but it’s not about your timeline, it’s about their timeline. This means they can receive their karma at any time from the moment of the incident, all the way through future lives. The thing that’s important to remember about karma is that you can only impact your own – which is why it’s important to do your best, always, in all ways. (And also why “wishing harm” on someone is more likely to impact you and your karma, than you will ever see it impact someone else. Hope that helps explain it.

• MarTyia
    July 27th, 2020 · Reply

Karma is definitely real. Years ago My boyfriend at the time and my brother and his girlfriend decided to move into a house together. I was so frustrated by my brother’s girlfriend because she did not contribute to the house. She was stealing our rent money after we gave it to my brother then would somehow convince him we were stealing the money back. I confronted her many times because I could see clearly what she was doing. Blinded by only God know what my brother stood by her. My brothers now ex-girlfriend has some mental issues and was in a bad car accident as a kid so she has a slight deformity with her back. One day she and I were in a really bad argument. I was pregnant with my son at the time and extremely frustrated with her and the overall situation in the house. In a rage I called her retarded, I feel so bad even writing this so many years later. When I said it I quickly rescinded the statement knowing it was wrong. I tried to clean up the comment for her sake but the damage was done. Luckily I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who had a health scare early on but overall is healthy and bright. A year after giving birth to my son I became pregnant with my daughter who has many developmental delays and was diagnosed with autism in January of this year. I have a long way to go on this journey but I’m praying I will have peace with the universe at some point in this lifetime. I try very hard not to become offended but to accept the path presented to me knowing in the end it will all make sense or work out the way God has intended. I don’t claim to be a master of this yet but I’m hopeful I will give better energy to this world.

July 31st, 2020 · Reply

Yes, that is the best way about it: to give better energy to this world. It reminds me of a quote I saw this morning that I very much enjoyed: “The soul that perpetually overflows with kindness and sympathy will always be cheerful.” – William Godwin

• Emily
    August 11th, 2020 · Reply

This is so very true. I don’t get on with my brother at all and I have to fake it for the sake of not causing anything , but wishing that upon him will only effect me in the long run and end up having a negative impact on me. I guess I can just wait for him to leave the house OR be glad I’m going to uni in a years time and hope to distance myself :).

August 14th, 2020 · Reply

Emily, you got it 100%! And good luck at uni when you get there!

• Mary
    August 28th, 2020 · Reply

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 18 years. We both abused alcohol and eventually quit drinking because we got involved with drugs, he ended up with a mental illness from it, major depressive disorder with psychotic tendencies. I have been through hell with this man, physical abuse at the beginning of our relationship along with mental and verbal abuse which continues to this day. My kids that ranged in age 21, 19 and 14 when we got together have occasionally seen this abuse for the past 18 years and they tolerated him until now which they want me to be completely done with him and so does my Mom and my 3 older brothers. We split up a little over a year ago and I have been considering getting back together with him, we are both clean, we are best friends, we truly love each other and care about each other. But sometimes he gets agitated and we start to argue about whatever, that’s when his whole karma stuff begins. He starts saying bad karma is coming your way (me), wishes bad karma on my kids, wishes bad karma on my brothers. Not only bad karma but he wishes evil karma on all of us, my family!! I believe in karma, I tell him don’t wish bad or evil karma on my family because it will reverse on you. Eventually he will tell me he’s sorry for doing that and blame it on his mental illness. But at this point, he has pushed it way to far for me, wishing bad or evil karma on my kids, my brothers is a deal breaker for me, especially saying bad/evil karma on my kids even if he does have a mental illness it is totally uncalled for!! So am I right to feel that this is a deal breaker? Or should I forgive him because he does have a mental illness!! I just feel like mental illness or not, it’s not a good enough excuse for wishing bad/evil karma on my family. Do you agree with this? Is there someway I can lift this bad/evil karma from my kids lives, my brothers lives, my life? Thank you for your advice.

I forgot to add that since my “ex” boyfriend has been saying bad karma to my kids and my family, one of my brothers suffered a stroke and my ex has real hatred towards this brother and continues to wish even worse karma on him. How can I stop this?

August 29th, 2020 · Reply

Hi Mary, Firstly – Congratulations on being clean! Your highest priority should be to yourself, staying clean and sober, and finding a healthy life – because you deserve it and are worth it. One day at a time, it’s yours to create. This is the simplest truth in all of life. So, my suggestion would be to create a “filter” that you use to make decisions. A filter is a question you ask yourself, such as: “Does this decision add value to my life?” or “Does this decision make me healthier, or less healthy?” Once you have that filter (and you use it), it will be easier to make decisions.

As to your specific question, I believe you answered it yourself. One of the things I know to be true is that if you have to ask – you already know the answer. Mental illness is definitely something we should all have a deeper understanding and acceptance of – however, acceptance of someone else’s mental illness does not mean a lack of healthy boundaries for you. Their mental illness is theirs to work on, address, and find ways to health – it’s never an excuse for poor treatment of other people. It’s often used as a “reason” for such behavior, but that still doesn’t excuse it.

Your best way forward is to look into your heart, find yourself there, and make decisions based on the love you deserve, the happiness you deserve, and the health you deserve. Because you do. You do deserve all those things. Be well.

• Hannah
    September 25th, 2020 · Reply

I hope karma snaps back on certain people soon! I just had a teammate wish me hurt so she could get my spot on varsity. I had this big dream of playing at our division conference and wanting to go to states sometime in my high school career. But this girl just wished me injured so low and behold I got hurt. So now, I’m spending time I should have been playing my heart out crying on the sidelines. It just sucks to see your dreams crushed! It was just so uncalled for and karma needs to act soon!

September 26th, 2020 · Reply

Hi Hannah, I’m so sorry this has happened. I know how much it hurts to have your dreams feel like they are being pulled away from you. When this has happened to me in the past, I used the time to refocus (after a few good cries and bouts of anger). The best karma is the one you create yourself, by focusing on something new, something that you create, and something that makes you even happier. Not always easy in the moment, but 100% worth it in the end. Rest well and let your body heal. One dream gone is not all dreams gone. And you never know what your next dream will be or where it will bring you. Take care of yourself.

• Veronika
    October 27th, 2020 · Reply

Please help me I always get intrusive thoughts about my loved ones and I unconsciously and unintentionally wish for bad things for them. It’s not like I’m angry or I hate them but I love them a lot. I don’t know why this is happening to me like wishing God or universe for negative things for them eventhough I start praying to ask for their good healthy n happiness. I feel guilty for wishing like that n get scared that I asked for some horrible things to happen to my loved ones n keep on asking God or universe to not to grant them n forgive me n bless my loved ones with health wealth and happiness. And this above process continues for many hours until I feel satisfied that they forgave me. And I have a doubt will wishing for bad things for others effect them? I feel like I have two voice n always the negative one is suppressing my positive original thoughts or wishes. All I want is that my dad n mom to be healthy regardless of whatever I do. Please help me how can I stop all those past negative wishes effecting them? How can I become positive n wish good for others? What have I done to get this karma of wishing God or universe to harm my loved ones? I get intrusive thoughts when I meditate n the same old story blessing negative n then stop meditating on the spot. Is it okay to do meditation for me? Please please help me. Thank you in advance

November 13th, 2020 · Reply

Hi Veronika, I have a very simple tool to share with you that I learned many decades ago. It is a phrase that you can say after anything in order to “reverse” it. We are all human, and sometimes, our emotions get the better of us – even when we’re in meditation. Sometimes, especially when we are. When we get quiet, sometimes our minds wander to places that we don’t wish to go. The reason for it is anyone’s guess. It could be something you watched on TV or read somewhere… or just about anything. So, the best thing is to let yourself have the thoughts, then let them go, and say the phrase “CANCEL AND PURIFY” after you have said them. This is a statement to the universe that you didn’t mean what you just thought or said… and asks them to both CANCEl and PURIFY the thought or statement. I think if you practice it, you will find relief.

May you find peace in your meditations going forward.
      – M.

• callmerammy
    November 4th, 2020 · Reply

This scares me because of the fact that I wished my friend bad luck. I never thought that something bad would really happen to her, the hell I know?! I was irritated and hated her for a while for some petty thing and did not think of the consequences when wishing her bad luck. I thought it was normal not until it she experienced unusually bad things, twice.

I want to think it’s just coincidence. I don’t want someone close to me suffering because of my cursing. That was not really my intention. Again, she is a good friend and I thought it was a normal thing to curse when you’re mad.

It already happened and I asked forgiveness from God. I gave my friend a hint about it and I don’t know if she got it and resented me. Were still friends and I don’t want to do something like that again, ever.

Still, I need advice. I think that’s not enough. She’s not the only one I wished such things and I want to take it all back. I vent this out on a facebook group and they said to forgive myself because I was mad and it was just coincdence. Now, I’m here seeking for help. I’m still bothered today. I’m afraid of karma.

November 13th, 2020 · Reply

Hi, I think asking for forgiveness is always a good thing, especially when you may have unintentionally harmed someone when you were feeling emotional. That’s not an excuse, but it is a reason. (Excuses and reasons are not the same thing.) That being said, if you are still feeling the weight of your words and thoughts in wishing harm on others because you were upset, I would suggest taking a moment in silence, feeling deeply into your heart, and actually forgiving yourself for having done it. You need to start with yourself, accept that you are human and we (all) make mistakes, and then forgive yourself and learn from the mistakes you made. As for the others in your life, as I replied to Veronika — you can use the phrase “CANCEL AND PURIFY” to ‘undo’ statements or thoughts you might have had. It’s a good practice to get into… not just for wishing harm on others, but also for manifesting. Sometimes we manifest something without realizing we have, such as the phrase “It’s just my luck…” The Universe hears that sometimes and complies. So, it’s a good habit to learn to say “cancel and purify” after anything you don’t REALLY mean.

Over time, you’ll find that you start to live with stronger boundaries, from a healthier place at the core of your being. Not only do your words change, but your thoughts do too. Hope that helps!
      – M.