Each month, author Jess Cleeves shares 12 of her most important points of advice on reclaiming passion.
We can learn a lot about how to live from the dying.
Bronnie Ware, a palliative care nurse, compiled trends in the regrets that people expressed as she supported their final days. The five most frequently expressed regrets she heard from her patients were:
- I wish I had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish I had let myself be happier.